If you’re looking for a place to retire where you can truly experience the beauty of nature at its finest, then Boquete Panama is the place for you. This place is not only a popular destination of tourists from across the globe but has also become a retirement haven in Central America. Boquete is one of the reasons why living in Panama has grown very popular among American expats. In fact, 1000+ expats can be found living in this mountain village that is best known for its coffee, all-year round spring-like weather, and scenic locations.
Compared to other parts of Panama that are quite humid, Boquete has a much cooler climate since this town is located well high above sea level. A very popular destination in Boquete Panama is its Volcan Baru, which is a dormant volcano where people can avail of hiking tours and thirst that quench for adventure. Hikers can walk along the Sendero de los Quetzales, which is the trail that leads to and around the volcano. A spectacular ocean and forest view awaits the hiker who visits and climbs this famous volcan.
Boquete Panama is very famous for its local coffee, which is deemed as one of the best in the world. You shouldn’t miss the chance to take the coffee estate tour and get a taste of the best tasting coffee in Panama. It’s already a real treat seeing the rows of trees and coffee growing under them, but tasting the coffee is the real deal. You’ll probably want to bring some for yourself and your coffee lover friends back home.
Lots of outdoor adventures can be done in Boquete; thus, this is the place to be for people who love the outdoors. There are lots of jungle and hiking tours to avail as well as water rafting and zip lining. Boquete is truly a mountaineer’s dream destination. It is also a great place to unwind and take in the pleasures of nature away from the hustles and bustles of city life.
While visiting Boquete Panama, it would be a great opportunity to meet American and European expats who have decided to settle in this small mountain town. You can eat lunch for only $3 to $4 a meal and then dine at a popular expat hangout. You can also take the opportunity to look at the residential areas such as the Valle Escondido, which is a premier gated community in Boquete. Go to the market, visit the local stores and see for yourself why living in Panama has beckoned to a great number of Americans and Europeans.
Boquete Panama is truly a place for the person who wants to get away from the city and wants a relaxed lifestyle. It is a place where you can be one with nature and experience comfortable spring-like weather all-year round. Most of all, it’s a great place to retire and reside permanently as the costs of living are very cheap. You can be able to enjoy a really comfortably lifestyle where not having enough money will no longer be a problem.
One place in Central America that has become a popular place for retirement is Boquete Panama. Situated in the mountain highlands of the country, Boquete is a small town that offers so much for tourists and retirees alike. Outdoor activities, spectacular views, cool climate, fresh air and a relaxed and comfortable lifestyle can be experienced in Boquete. An amazing destination, that’s what it is. Boquete’s unique history, culture and natural beauty continues to attract tourists and retirees from various parts of the world. This simply shows that it is one place that’s definitely worth visiting and consider as one’s permanent place of residence.
Affordable Living Expenses
Thousands of American and European expats have made Panama their second home. They have come to love the fact that it is a place where one’s retirement funds can be stretched and where a good life is not so hard to achieve. Boquete offers very low living expenses; thus, it is easy to live comfortably. Eating in a restaurant will only cost $8 for a couple, drinks included. Reliable and modern healthcare is also inexpensive in this place; thus, making it easy to get all the perks in life inexpensively.
Many people who have come to Boquete also love the fact that the weather is spring-like all year-round. The climate is comfortably cool which suits many Americans who have chosen to live in Boquete for good. You only need one type of clothing and that is clothing that suits spring-like climate. There’s no need to worry about snow piling up on the driveway and too much heat that can be very uncomfortable for the skin.
Since many Americans have already made the move to Boquete Panama, there are plenty of expat hangouts and restaurants where you can feel most at home. There’s even a premier community called Valle Escondido where many expats live and where retirement can be experienced in a relaxed atmosphere. There are also Americans who have opened up businesses in the area. An expat owned coffee farm, hotel or restaurant is very common in Boquete.
Nature lovers and adventurers will be thrilled to know that lots of outdoor activities are in store for them in Boquete Panama. Hikers can climb up the Volcan Baru, which is a famous dormant volcano in the area. Boating and white water rafting can also be done as well as zip lining, nature tripping and horseback riding. Animal lovers can also visit the Wildlife Rescue Center and see how animals are taken care of in their natural habitat.
Boquete Panama is not like busy cities of New York, San Francisco or London. It has typical amenities and services that people need for daily living but minus the hustle and bustle of city life. Thus, it is truly a place for people looking to settle down in a relaxed setting. One can simply take in the beauty of Boquete and relax watching its beautiful sunrise and sunset each day. One can also sit down and just enjoy its picturesque view from all angles. Boquete may not be for the city folk but it sure is a wonderful venue for someone who wants to experience a relaxed and stress-free retirement.
Anyone always dreams of having a good life most especially those who are beset with financial difficulties. That dream is very possible when one stays in Panama, a country full of great promise. I myself was surprised when I first came to Panama two years ago. Tall skyscrapers, advanced technology and modern conveniences abound in this country even if it is in fact considered as third world. I fell in love with Panama and have made it my country of residence in 2012. I truly enjoy living in this place where one can have the comforts of a good life minus the high costs of living.
· Living expenses are cheap in Panama. This is perhaps the foremost reason why many Americans and Europeans have moved to this country. It’s great that you can dine with a friend for only $8 including drinks. You can also get medical insurance for as low as $60 a month. You can also buy 100 pieces of the juiciest oranges for as low as $4. Panama is one place where one can enjoy the good things without spending too much money.
· There are plenty of activities for outdoor enthusiasts. You can go on a hiking expedition and climb the country’s dormant volcano or go on a nature trip in the lush rainforest. Beach lovers, hikers, scuba divers and lovers of the outdoors are definitely in for a treat in Panama.
· Panama has warm spring-like weather all-year round. The country only has two seasons which are the wet and dry seasons. Basically, the clothing that you will need should be light and airy. There’s no need to stock up on winter clothing and footwear when you’re living in Panama. Likewise, there’s also no need for expensive heaters and fireplaces in this country.
· The country is well-known for its medical tourism. Since medical expenses are very cheap in Panama, many foreigners come to this country for medical treatments and procedures. For instance, one can have a doctor’s consultation for only $10. The doctors and specialists in Panama are licensed professionals whose expertise is comparable to US and Canadian physicians. Most of the country’s medical practitioners are US trained and use advanced medical technology in Panama.
· Panama has a community of American expats. Many expats have already made Panama their second home and are very welcoming of new arrivals. While most of these people are already retired, some have set up businesses in Panama such as restaurants and coffee farms. It’s great to go to a place where you won’t feel like a foreigner. Most expats live in Boquete Panama, as this place has a much cooler climate as compared to Panama City.
Life isn’t all about money, but having a comfortable lifestyle contributes greatly to a happy existence. In Panama, one’s retirement funds can be truly stretched as the basic expenses are very cheap. It’s easy to enjoy the finer things in life when you’re in Panama. Sure it’s a totally different country than what you may be used to, but being able to buy the things that you want and live in a secure place is just awesome.