Anyone always dreams of having a good life most especially those who are beset with financial difficulties. That dream is very possible when one stays in Panama, a country full of great promise. I myself was surprised when I first came to Panama two years ago. Tall skyscrapers, advanced technology and modern conveniences abound in this country even if it is in fact considered as third world. I fell in love with Panama and have made it my country of residence in 2012. I truly enjoy living in this place where one can have the comforts of a good life minus the high costs of living.
· Living expenses are cheap in Panama. This is perhaps the foremost reason why many Americans and Europeans have moved to this country. It’s great that you can dine with a friend for only $8 including drinks. You can also get medical insurance for as low as $60 a month. You can also buy 100 pieces of the juiciest oranges for as low as $4. Panama is one place where one can enjoy the good things without spending too much money.
· There are plenty of activities for outdoor enthusiasts. You can go on a hiking expedition and climb the country’s dormant volcano or go on a nature trip in the lush rainforest. Beach lovers, hikers, scuba divers and lovers of the outdoors are definitely in for a treat in Panama.
· Panama has warm spring-like weather all-year round. The country only has two seasons which are the wet and dry seasons. Basically, the clothing that you will need should be light and airy. There’s no need to stock up on winter clothing and footwear when you’re living in Panama. Likewise, there’s also no need for expensive heaters and fireplaces in this country.
· The country is well-known for its medical tourism. Since medical expenses are very cheap in Panama, many foreigners come to this country for medical treatments and procedures. For instance, one can have a doctor’s consultation for only $10. The doctors and specialists in Panama are licensed professionals whose expertise is comparable to US and Canadian physicians. Most of the country’s medical practitioners are US trained and use advanced medical technology in Panama.
· Panama has a community of American expats. Many expats have already made Panama their second home and are very welcoming of new arrivals. While most of these people are already retired, some have set up businesses in Panama such as restaurants and coffee farms. It’s great to go to a place where you won’t feel like a foreigner. Most expats live in Boquete Panama, as this place has a much cooler climate as compared to Panama City.
Life isn’t all about money, but having a comfortable lifestyle contributes greatly to a happy existence. In Panama, one’s retirement funds can be truly stretched as the basic expenses are very cheap. It’s easy to enjoy the finer things in life when you’re in Panama. Sure it’s a totally different country than what you may be used to, but being able to buy the things that you want and live in a secure place is just awesome.